This is My Story- Anonymous

Andy Brown, Reporter

As a student, I enjoy coming to school. Not just the social aspect, but the academic parts as well. I like learning, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t struggle… because I do. Sometimes it’s hard for me to complete my work on time because I have a lot going on in my life. Things most people don’t know about. Things like depression, problems at home, bullying, etc. I tend to worry a lot, mostly about my mother. She has Multiple Sclerosis, which is a disease in which the immune system eats away at the protective covering of nerves, and it causes her to faint a lot. I’m so worried that one day something bad will happen, and no one will be home to help her. I’m also worried about school, not so much because of the academic aspect, but because of the people. High school kids are mean, and most of the time they don’t even realize the severity of their words and actions.

I often find myself not being able to concentrate on anything but the negatives in life. I find myself having zero motivation to do anything, and that really sucks. My mom and brother help me in those situations. They help me gather myself and find the strength to push on. I know that not every family is as accepting and open as mine is about mental health. For that, I am truly thankful.

But even so, there’s still a struggle at times. Some days, I have to physically push myself out of the bed in the morning to get what needs to be done accomplished, but I do it. There are other people that understand what it’s like, people like me. I know I am not alone. None of us are alone. It’s hard to talk about it, I get that. I talk to my mom, my brother, and even my teachers. You just need to find that one trusted person to talk to, someone who makes you feel comfortable. It’s worth talking about, trust me.

5 Comments

5 Responses to “This is My Story- Anonymous”

1. Lisa on September 22nd, 2017 8:43 am

Sweet Child! God bless you for worrying SO much about your momma. I personally can relate to your story as I myself have an autoimmune disease that is crippling. I myself have watched my mother and grandmother struggle with the same disease. But they have always owned it, never putting it on anyone else. I am certain my children worry about me, but I don’t want them to! It isn’t their fight, though I totally appreciate their support. I want them to be a child and enjoy life as long as they can because it goes by so quickly! Don’t be afraid to live your life, your mom will be ok, she will let you know when you need to help!
    I agree that some kids can be so mean, that is not just them, it also shows what is taught at home! Look for the kids that are nice, there are kids like that. I believe I have raised my children to be nice.
    I am sorry that you struggle with depression, that is never an easy thing to deal with especially with all the aspects of being a teenager. Just remember there are always people available to talk, don’t ever be afraid to ask for help. That is what they ( teachers, staff, guidance counseled and peer counselors are there for, use them to be a voice or an outlet.
    Last of all don’t be afraid to be you! Be strong sweet child for you are a blessing!

2. Carrie on September 24th, 2017 4:13 pm

You are experiencing what many adults experience and do not handle as well as you are handling your life. The pushing yourself out of bed is a strength and shows you are determined to get through this time…….because you do it! Keep doing it, and find ways to also push yourself to grow as a person……volunteering, more education, a part-time job, hobbies that increase your skills. Anything to keep moving forward until one day you may have a job and a family that you cannot be without! A profession you are passionate about…….and the love of your life. And keep talking…..share your feelings, and accept advice that you know will work for you! Be patient, enjoy what you can today, continue to tackle and embrace the challenges you face and you will see, one day you will be typing something like this that helps the next generation! This will bring you joy as well.

3. Ariel on September 26th, 2017 5:23 pm

Hey hon! I applaud you for coming forward and putting your story out there to others; it’s really inspiring. I’m a junior a CCMHS and if you ever need anything, whether it’s just a friend to talk to or help with school/people/advice, whatever it is, come and find me. My name is Aryahna but I go by Ariel and I usually sit outside by the doors closest to building 4. Seriously, don’t be scared to come find me, I don’t bite! And I don’t judge either. Hope things work out for you!

4. Mrs. Hawk on October 25th, 2017 9:47 pm

You have so much courage to speak out. We are here for you and every other someone like you. I am glad you are part of the Coyote family. Hope you continue to write it out.
    We Coyotes stick together! One family, one pack!

5. Mrs. Glenn on February 16th, 2018 2:19 pm

Wow! I was really moved in reading your story. As Pasco eSchool’s principal, your story reminds ME that we don’t always know what struggles our students have internally and outside of school. Thank you for being so vulnerable by sharing your story. I hope you are surrounded by kind, supportive people who can encourage you when you need it. I’m proud of you for finding the strength to keep working toward your goals. I’ll be cheering you on from Pasco eSchool!

• This is My Story- Anonymous

News

Congratulations Jacob Blauvelt!

• This is My Story- Anonymous

News

The Worst of Its Kind

• Opinion

A Historic Hearing

• News

Intrusive Thoughts: What Are They And How To Overcome Them!

• This is My Story- Anonymous

News

Sleep Deprived

This is My Story- Anonymous