This is our future, and that’s the Coyote Way

Back to Article
Back to Article

The new school dedication ceremony here at Cypress Creek was nothing short of astonishing. For a school with no history and no set traditions, Cypress Creek carries only pride and honor on its shoulders. District board members, involved parents and students, administration, faculty, and more gathered to celebrate the inaugural school year being full of successes and joys so far. Coyote Nation is at a current capacity of 1,661 students and expected to reach a capacity of 1,958 in the near future.

Superintendent Kurt Browning and Principal Carin Hetzler-Nettles both expressed gratitude in their addresses. Mr. Browning mentioned a special thank you for Mrs. Hetzler-Nettles, describing her as “tough, yet fair, always wanting the best for students.” He also mentioned that Pasco County is one of the fastest growing school districts, with additional plans of expansion for a middle school in August of 2020. Cypress Creek was originally built to relieve crowding at Wiregrass Ranch, Wesley Chapel, and Sunlake high schools.

When asked why hosting the ceremony so far into the school year, Kurt Browning replied, “Opportunity. There is so much opportunity and hope for building a foundational culture making sure students are involved. This simply can’t be done when the school is opening. Everyone involved needs time to build relationships and feel a sense of belonging and pride. So we wait.”

Students using the H.O.W.L model every day adds to the positivity flowing from our campus. “It’s great to have community see the return on their investment, seeing our culture being put together. And how absolutely positive and instructive our community has become. We are a collaborative partnership building a better, stronger community,” states Mrs. Hawk, Assistant Principal.

Regarding the ribbon-cutting ceremony specifically, words including breathtaking and heartwarming sum it up well. Cypress Creek Middle High School is represented purely by a growth mindset. A school strictly dedicated to the community is sure to focus on advancements, and taking the necessary steps forward to elaborate on the brilliant plans set in place. This is our future, and that’s the coyote way.

Tyler Weber, Reporter

Hi my name is Tyler Weber, I'm a sophomore at Cypress Creek High School. I enjoy filming video for the Howler and youtube. Here are  some things about...

Ashley Gutierrez, Editor

Hi! My name is Ashley Gutierrez. I'm a senior here at Cypress Creek. I have always had a love for writing and journalism because it lets me express my...

Passardi, Advisor

Hardcore Red Sox fan. Journalism Advisor at CCMHS. I have 2 furbabies, Fenway and Brady. Photographer. Reader.

(This is Fenway)

(This...

1 Comment

One Response to “This is our future, and that’s the Coyote Way”

1. Shannon B Ellertson on November 16th, 2017 11:02 am

I was not too happy when my 3 girls ended up rezoned. My biggest fear was the change for them and for me. But, I also know that some change is nessesary for us to grow. I held my breath as I waited to see who would lead our new school. Being VP on the PTSA board for Wesley Chapel I found out “early” it was going to be our own Principle Hetzler-Nettles! I was ecstatic. I knew if anyone could lead this new school it was going to be her. So my 8th graders headed to CCMHS and my 10th grader stayed at Chapel in the icat/AP Capstone program. So we are definetly a house divided. But in a great way!!! This “Wildoyte” Mom is proud to be apart of it all.

• This is our future, and that’s the Coyote Way

News

Say Goodbye to Plastic Straws

News

Congratulations to our Principal of the Year!

Editorial

A Pack Leader is…

• News

Paul Allen – A Man To Remember  

News

Congratulations Jacob Blauvelt!