Writing Prompt – Pretend you are an elf! Write a journal entry about your day.

Another Day in Christmas Town…

Oh boy! Oh boy! Today was mighty swell. Yes, yes, yes it was! First I woke up at the crack of dawn for work. No big deal at all! As one of Santa’s elves, being happy is a requirement even if you have to wake up extremely early every day to make toys for the rest of your life! Anyways, today one child requested a certain book for Christmas, like who wants that? Indeed, I was frustrated. We were not made for making books, only toys! Luckily, Santa told us about a secret library in his office where every book in the world is held and guess what?! He chose me to go look for the book! I was so excited I nearly bounced out of my elf shoes and hit my head on the ceiling! So I grabbed a candy cane torch and made my way into the library. Of course, I found the book but when I got back to the factory, all of the reindeer were loose! How did this happen? I had no clue. As quick as Rudolph on a treadmill, I wrapped the book and put it in Santa’s sleigh, then I helped gather the reindeer. Me and another elf, Shirley, got a hold of Comet and clipped him to Santa’s sleigh. Some other elves had gotten Dancer and Prancer, and eventually, the only reindeer left was Vixen. She was always hard to deal with but with a little teamwork, we got her back on the sleigh before Santa came back from his cookies and milk breakfast. At the end of the day, Santa barged into the factory yelling, “It was him! The bunny! He let the reindeer lose earlier today!” Apparently, the Easter Bunny let them loose as a prank on Santa. What a-a-a cotton-headed ninny muggins! Excuse my bad language. Other than that dilemma, my day was as good as silver and gold on every Christmas tree! I wonder what Santa will have us do tomorrow…   Caitlin Russo

________________________________________________________________

So, weird story, I think Santa’s blind. He came down my chimney and you know me, being a kid, I was staying up all night waiting for him. I WAS SO SURPRISED. He came! I felt so honored to be the first kid to see Santa. Now as a kid I was wearing a onesie, and it was an elf onesie. Then he spoke, “Yo, elf! We thought we lost you. Listen, you’re gonna have to go back to the North Pole.”

I was feeling pretty weird but as soon as I was going to say I wasn’t an elf, just some kid that was waiting for Santa, he reached into his pocket and blew a whistle. Then I heard a reindeer and out of nowhere in my chimney, there was a red light that got brighter and brighter. NO WAY! Then, Rudolph came out so fast. He put me on his back and then we flew. Like, I know I’m making this sound like I’m calm but I was screaming my head off! Then, all I see is snow and then there was a huge wooden house. He dropped me off and I was pretty scared but then I started freezing. I decided to go into the cottage and then everyone starts staring at me I got this weird vibe but then this elf, I guess he was the leader, showed me where I worked and then just left me there. As soon as I entered I guess my station, I look around and I see everyone working, carving wood into toys and then there was this tube that flew over me and dropped off this woodblock. You want to know what I did? I grabbed a hammer and I started hitting the block as hard and fast as I could. I guess I was too noisy because the leader came up to me and said he has another job for me and guess what I am now? I’m a garbage man for the toys that were bad. The first thing I threw away was my block and that’s how my first day as an elf went.       Omar Cruz