#walkupnotout picture gallery

Passardi

The Howler Staff wanted to give the students a way to be heard. After our staff spoke with kids who participated in the last walkout, they found the majority of them were doing it just to miss class. They didn’t understand why protesting is powerful, why there were out there, or what the term SOLIDARITY means.

In Journalism, we began discussing how there are 17 bodies lying in the ground who no longer get to change the direction of their lives, but people can change the world in their name’s. People can love loudly in their name’s. People can be ferociously kind to others in their name’s. We wanted to get the message out that the kids have voices that are more powerful than they understand. We need to teach them how to express themselves. We have a great avenue to publish writings, artwork, videos, songs, through the Howler- why not show the kids how to use it?

We had a photo backdrop where kids stood with their pledge to do 17 things in the names of the 17 lives lost. There was a banner out for them to sign that is being sent to MSDHS. The students were able to receive information on the March in Tampa on March 24th, and they could sign up (16 and older) to speak with the Supervisor of Elections, Brian Corley, after Spring Break.

There are 17 people who cannot change their actions anymore, but they are still having an impact on the world. Don’t let your time be wasted. Find a cause, use your voice, make the words worth something that are coming out of your mouth.

Pullquote Photo

There are 17 people who cannot change their actions anymore, but they are still having an impact on the world. Don’t let your time be wasted. Find a cause, use your voice, make the words worth something that are coming out of your mouth. ”

— Passardi

1 Comment

One Response to “#walkupnotout picture gallery”

1. Constance Hines on March 17th, 2018 7:30 pm

Awesome.

[Reply]

• #walkupnotout picture gallery

ASL

ASLebration

• #walkupnotout picture gallery

Campus Events

Junior Take Over 2018

• #walkupnotout picture gallery

Campus Events

#walkupnotout

• #walkupnotout picture gallery

News

Grade Corruption?

• #walkupnotout picture gallery

News

Preparing for the FSA

#walkupnotout picture gallery