Super Smash Bros. Needs a Bug Fix

Back to Article
Back to Article

Super Smash Bros. Needs a Bug Fix

Jake Maher, Reporter

Super smash brothers is a great game series by Masahiro Sakurai with the concept of tons of Nintendo characters coming together trying to knock out the other players or central processing units (CPUs). The latest installment, “Smash Bros. Ultimate”, came out on Nintendo Switch December 7th and the game went out of stock that day – immediately after release. However, every new game has a few glitches or bugs that the developers did not know about. I think that Nintendo needs to fix the Isabelle “assist trophy” glitch, make the CPUs a little bit easier (level nine) and add Waluigi as a character. That last point about Waluigi probably won’t do anything, but I will talk about Waluigi later.

The assist trophy glitch is a game-breaking stunt, but you can still enjoy infinitely spawning Waluigi or another assist trophy. The glitch happens when two players both use the fishing rod on an assist trophy, and the fastest one to reel it in is stuck doing the animation for when you get an assist trophy – and then spawns almost two of the assist trophies per second. This can be very funny, or very fatal. The assist trophy glitch is pretty hard to pull off, and you need a second person to help, too. Now, let’s talk about the CPUs that need to be made easier.

The CPUs or computers in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate are pretty hard, coming from a Nintendo game. The Artificial Intelligence (AI) is almost as hard as “Inner Agent 3“ from the “Octo Expansion“ downloadable content (DLC). The character was a secret boss that is the hardest battle in the Splatoon franchise. Chris M. said “the level nine CPUs are almost as hard as [real] players“. The CPUs in Smash Ultimate actually track your gameplay from the second you start, to the moment you stop playing and turn off the switch. That’s why you keep losing, my friend. Now is the part you are all waiting for…Waluigi.

Waluigi is a character that is looked down upon from Sakurai, but he adds Wario because he has his own game, “WarioWare“. Waluigi has been an assist trophy since Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U, which has disappointed the Smash Bros. community. Many people have even protested because he (Waluigi) isn’t playable. There is still a possibility for the Fighter Pass (e.g. an invitation to join) to be a Waluigi clone or something else like that – have high hopes!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is a great game, but some things make it a little worse than it has to be. The Isabelle glitch can lag the game to the point where it crashes. The CPUs are pretty hard and can make you “rage quit” or break your console. The fact that Waluigi isn’t in the game triggers me and many others, I would bet. This game is really great, but they should have tweaked some things first before they released it to the public.

1 Comment

One Response to “Super Smash Bros. Needs a Bug Fix”

1. Hoi on January 18th, 2019 6:31 pm

Not any offense, but I really think they shouldn’t patch the isabelle glitch (Isabelle Assist Trophy Glitch) because it is really not something that is used in normal gameplay, but I can see why you said the others! Some really do NEED to get fixed!

• Super Smash Bros. Needs a Bug Fix

News

The Parkland Shooting: One year later

• Super Smash Bros. Needs a Bug Fix

Around Campus

HOWLABRATION 2019

• Super Smash Bros. Needs a Bug Fix

Drama

I Proudly Represent Troupe 8658

• Super Smash Bros. Needs a Bug Fix

News

Say Goodbye to Plastic Straws

• Super Smash Bros. Needs a Bug Fix

News

Congratulations to our Principal of the Year!

Super Smash Bros. Needs a Bug Fix