Class of 2021 Outstanding Senior of the Year, Matthew Ravenna

Kaprian Abril and Dylan Delay

The outstanding senior of the year award is a very prestigious title to earn. While the entry process to be considered is lengthy, the reward of being honored is worth the work. It is given out to the most voted student. The class of 21 outstanding senior of the year award was announced on Friday, October 23rd. The student that was awarded this honor is Matthew Ravenna who we got the chance to interview.

Q: Tell us a little about yourself?
I like to play baseball, paint shoes, film and edit pictures and videos, hang out with friends, play spike ball, work out, and watch professional sports on TV.

Q: What are your plans after high school?
I plan on attending UCF to major in business (finance) to pursue after my mother’s field in private investment services where I can interact with people regularly and help them invest their money in stocks and bonds.

Q: Did you think you would win?
I had no clue who was going to win. As I looked over the list of students, I noticed many excellent role models and leaders of the school who were very qualified to win the award.

Q: How do you feel about winning?
I am thrilled about the award. Competing against the other winners of the county will be challenging, but I’m ready to give it my all!

Q: What does this mean to you?
This award means the world to me because all of my hard work since the moment I stepped on campus paid off. This award represents all of the moments where I went above and beyond to meet one of my goals as a student at CCHS.

Q: What is a message you have for the student body?
Always go out of your way to do the right thing. Whether it’s making a new student feel right at home or studying for a test, doing the right thing will always pay off. Also, I’ve learned that the smallest acts of kindness can go a very long way.

Q: What did you do that you think helped you win?
To be honest I tried to be the best version of myself. I volunteered, I participated in many extracurricular activities, and I established myself as a people person. Helping others and putting yourself out there to work as a volunteer will always boost your reputation and increase your chances of success in life.

Q: Do you have anyone who helped and supported you throughout your high school career?
There are so many people who have helped me through my 4 years of high school. So many staff members have shaped me to be the student I am today. The one teacher that is above all, my number one supporter is Mrs. Adley. I have been a student in her English class for all four years of high school and she is the most supportive and kind teacher I have ever met. She has pushed me to become the best writer I can be and she will always give me an area of my writing where I could improve. In general, her continuous support and influence on her students allows for academic excellence in the classroom.

It was good to talk to Matthew and to learn more about him. After getting the opportunity to interview him it is clear he was deserving of the senior of the year award. He can be described as humble and hardworking. He is overall a great representation of the Cypress Creek student body. Congratulations, Matthew on this well-deserved award!