Congratulations Seniors!
The Student News Site of Cypress Creek High School

• Photography By Vlad Vainelovich

Lens

Photography By Vlad Vainelovich

• Photography By Mackenzie Luebs

Lens

Photography By Mackenzie Luebs

• Photography By Kaylisa Morales

Lens

Photography By Kaylisa Morales

• Photography By Alijeah Lopez

Lens

Photography By Alijeah Lopez

• Photography By Jamon Kistler

Lens

Photography By Jamon Kistler

• Photography By Chucky Kiskadden

Lens

Photography By Chucky Kiskadden

• Photography By Jailah Garcia-Guillory

Lens

Photography By Jailah Garcia-Guillory

• Photography By Nyah Cannady

Lens

Photography By Nyah Cannady

• Photography By Gavin Gillot

Lens

Photography By Gavin Gillot

• Photography By Kayla Adamson

Lens

Photography By Kayla Adamson

Footloose: Cast Spotlight

On October 12th, the amazing cast of the Footloose Fall Musical took the stage for the first time. The theater stars of Cypress Creek High School put on an incredible show, a recreation of the 1984 film Footloose. The musical was formed by many talented students from diverse backgrounds, working as a community to create a beautiful performance.

One of the ensemble members, freshman Marielvira Gomez Fuentes, took part in her first ever musical during Footloose. Her dance and choir background helped her find her spark for musical theater.

She stated, “I started dancing and performing in front of people at the age of six when I got into the Marisol Academy of Ballet in Venezuela. Then when I moved here, I joined my church choir. This is my first year doing a production like this.” Additionally, she stated,” My background with dance and choir taught me how to kill it on stage, and that’s exactly what I did.”

Along with the numerous ensemble cast members, many students went on stage Mic’d Up, portraying the main characters of Bomont. One of these characters, Jeter, was played by Senior Jhonathan Arias-Aranguibel also known as JA the Great. JA had a talent and passion for musical theater and was inspired by his idol Bruno Mars. With talent shows, musicals, and even street performing, JA’s confidence and experience with being in the spotlight helped him dance through this musical with perfect execution in every scene.

“My background in performing art helped me perform in the play because it built up my confidence, because once you do it so many times, you’re able to do it.” said JA. “I was street performing as well down in downtown Colorado. We just put our guitars and me and my best friend, we just performed music, all of our songs and covers.”

There were many amazing songs in the musical, each with strenuous vocal moments. Senior Evangelina Fox, who played Rusty, described her audition process as scary. Because of her vocal background, she felt intense pressure to nail all her songs. Her most difficult song to perform was, “Let’s Hear it for the Boy.”

Regarding her audition process, she stated, “I was scared. I’m not gonna lie I was very nervous about it, especially coming from a vocal aspect, I definitely pushed myself a lot with this show and with my music.”

Even through scary audition processes and many late rehearsals, everyone in the cast supported each other throughout the entire journey. “Everybody was very supportive,” expressed Marielvira Gomez Fuentes. “I am so glad I had the opportunity to be a part of this event. It is a great way to meet new people, make new friends, and is just a great community.”