The Student News Site of Cypress Creek High School

• A Students Journey of Adaptation and Growth

Coyote Voices

A Student’s Journey of Adaptation and Growth

• The blue hue creates a winter compliment as the CCHS dancers express themselves during the winter showcase at the IPAC.

Conservatory of the Arts

Winter Showcase is “Fire on Fire”

• The glare of the window frames the future for seniors Jacob Valdes, Jhonathan Arias-Aranguibel, David Caine and Lilly Wine as they prepare for their final month on the campus of Cypress Creek High School.

Creek Culture

A Senior’s Achilles Heel

• Standing, thumbs up, and eager to please, freshman Delaney Diehl, freshman McKenzie Deloach, freshman Kaden Fletcher, freshman Noah Rutherford, freshman Isaiah Rivera, and freshman Mia DeVane show their fresh faces and share their fierce opinions. “I would like to see, on our campus, access to culinary arts and woodworking classes,” said DeVane.

Coyote Voices

Freshman and the Future of the Education System

• Students in the Spanish 2 class own their education by coming together as a community to do their assignment.

Creek Culture

Navigating the CCHS Spanish Program Without a Permanent Teacher

• After a long night, the senior players, cheerleaders, and coaches celebrate by hoisting the Powder Puff trophy.

Creek Runs Deep

Powder Puff: The Battle of the Grades

• Senior Gavin Exum rehearsing his visuals as “The Pharoah” for their running competition piece “Immortal.”

Conservatory of the Arts

The Pharoah Rises Again

• The choreographers line up, ready for their press conference.
Left to right: Dance Instructor Zoe Dorony, senior Natalie Moore, senior Faith McCurdy, junior Issay Eyobel, junior Monica Perez, junior Danielle Liberatore, and junior Eugenia Acevedo

Conservatory of the Arts

Behind the Curtain: A Choreographer’s Press Conference

• Carmine the Coyote greeting the families of the students that worked hard to be at Howlabration.

Coyote Voices

Carmine’s Significance

• The calm before the storm at Boddy Manor.  
Left to Right: Mr. Green (Wyatt Washington), Miss Scarlett (Anilem Munoz), Colonel Mustard (David Caine), Professor Plum (Dylan Lauricello), Mrs. Peacock (Arianna Alvarez), Wadsworth (Bryce Coleman), and Mrs. White (Kaylee Hall)

Conservatory of the Arts

Clue! On Stage Photo Gallery

Footloose: Cast Spotlight

On October 12th, the amazing cast of the Footloose Fall Musical took the stage for the first time. The theater stars of Cypress Creek High School put on an incredible show, a recreation of the 1984 film Footloose. The musical was formed by many talented students from diverse backgrounds, working as a community to create a beautiful performance.

One of the ensemble members, freshman Marielvira Gomez Fuentes, took part in her first ever musical during Footloose. Her dance and choir background helped her find her spark for musical theater.

She stated, “I started dancing and performing in front of people at the age of six when I got into the Marisol Academy of Ballet in Venezuela. Then when I moved here, I joined my church choir. This is my first year doing a production like this.” Additionally, she stated,” My background with dance and choir taught me how to kill it on stage, and that’s exactly what I did.”

Along with the numerous ensemble cast members, many students went on stage Mic’d Up, portraying the main characters of Bomont. One of these characters, Jeter, was played by Senior Jhonathan Arias-Aranguibel also known as JA the Great. JA had a talent and passion for musical theater and was inspired by his idol Bruno Mars. With talent shows, musicals, and even street performing, JA’s confidence and experience with being in the spotlight helped him dance through this musical with perfect execution in every scene.

“My background in performing art helped me perform in the play because it built up my confidence, because once you do it so many times, you’re able to do it.” said JA. “I was street performing as well down in downtown Colorado. We just put our guitars and me and my best friend, we just performed music, all of our songs and covers.”

There were many amazing songs in the musical, each with strenuous vocal moments. Senior Evangelina Fox, who played Rusty, described her audition process as scary. Because of her vocal background, she felt intense pressure to nail all her songs. Her most difficult song to perform was, “Let’s Hear it for the Boy.”

Regarding her audition process, she stated, “I was scared. I’m not gonna lie I was very nervous about it, especially coming from a vocal aspect, I definitely pushed myself a lot with this show and with my music.”

Even through scary audition processes and many late rehearsals, everyone in the cast supported each other throughout the entire journey. “Everybody was very supportive,” expressed Marielvira Gomez Fuentes. “I am so glad I had the opportunity to be a part of this event. It is a great way to meet new people, make new friends, and is just a great community.”