The Student News Site of Cypress Creek High School

• A Students Journey of Adaptation and Growth

Coyote Voices

A Student’s Journey of Adaptation and Growth

• The blue hue creates a winter compliment as the CCHS dancers express themselves during the winter showcase at the IPAC.

Conservatory of the Arts

Winter Showcase is “Fire on Fire”

• The glare of the window frames the future for seniors Jacob Valdes, Jhonathan Arias-Aranguibel, David Caine and Lilly Wine as they prepare for their final month on the campus of Cypress Creek High School.

Creek Culture

A Senior’s Achilles Heel

• Standing, thumbs up, and eager to please, freshman Delaney Diehl, freshman McKenzie Deloach, freshman Kaden Fletcher, freshman Noah Rutherford, freshman Isaiah Rivera, and freshman Mia DeVane show their fresh faces and share their fierce opinions. “I would like to see, on our campus, access to culinary arts and woodworking classes,” said DeVane.

Coyote Voices

Freshman and the Future of the Education System

• Students in the Spanish 2 class own their education by coming together as a community to do their assignment.

Creek Culture

Navigating the CCHS Spanish Program Without a Permanent Teacher

• After a long night, the senior players, cheerleaders, and coaches celebrate by hoisting the Powder Puff trophy.

Creek Runs Deep

Powder Puff: The Battle of the Grades

• Senior Gavin Exum rehearsing his visuals as “The Pharoah” for their running competition piece “Immortal.”

Conservatory of the Arts

The Pharoah Rises Again

• The choreographers line up, ready for their press conference.
Left to right: Dance Instructor Zoe Dorony, senior Natalie Moore, senior Faith McCurdy, junior Issay Eyobel, junior Monica Perez, junior Danielle Liberatore, and junior Eugenia Acevedo

Conservatory of the Arts

Behind the Curtain: A Choreographer’s Press Conference

• Carmine the Coyote greeting the families of the students that worked hard to be at Howlabration.

Coyote Voices

Carmine’s Significance

• The calm before the storm at Boddy Manor.  
Left to Right: Mr. Green (Wyatt Washington), Miss Scarlett (Anilem Munoz), Colonel Mustard (David Caine), Professor Plum (Dylan Lauricello), Mrs. Peacock (Arianna Alvarez), Wadsworth (Bryce Coleman), and Mrs. White (Kaylee Hall)

Conservatory of the Arts

Clue! On Stage Photo Gallery

Food Trucks: A Staple in Culinary Arts

Food trucks have come a long way since their inception. While they were once associated with hot dogs and pretzels, today’s food trucks offer so much more than in the 1930s. Additionally, these mobile eateries have become more popular than ever, allowing them to become a billion-dollar industry and a staple in many major cities. But what allowed them to become so big? What about it appeals so much to the masses? 

Mobilization 

The most unforgettable thing about food trucks is mobilization. What would be the point otherwise? It allows for the whole kitchen to be taken anywhere, something good for people who want to try a place but live too far away. The mobilization also allows food trucks to be used for promoting businesses, especially smaller ones. They have even been used to promote businesses that aren’t about food. With this, they truly live up to the name “marketing on wheels.”  

Diversity

A special thing about food trucks, especially at large events, or gatherings, is everything they bring to the table. For one, they bring unique and diverse culinary items to the menu, providing people with the opportunity to try unique cuisines at a low price so they don’t always have to go somewhere fancy for it. This goes even better with the substantial number of food trucks that appear at events, collectively offering such a wide array of foods from diverse backgrounds, bringing in a highly diverse crowd to try so many options. This is ultimately one of their greatest appeals. 

Connections 

One reason that food trucks are better at satisfying everyone is that they operate on a personal level. Because of this, it’s so much easier for them to do what many normal restaurants don’t. They can connect with their customers to build a following, easily take in feedback, and take inspiration and techniques from others. This gives them a greater opportunity to improve themselves and the experience of the customers, making for a smooth operation. 

Economics 

Food trucks have grown into a large industry, generating a lot of money. According to Zippia, there are over 36,000 food truck businesses collectively generating a revenue of $2.7 billion annually, and that industry has been growing an average of 9.9% since 2018. That’s huge growth from what those numbers were 10 years ago. 

Conclusion 

Food trucks are so appealing because they are a quality experience with the ability to go many places to share their unique culinary dishes for low prices and connect with people to grow and improve. They bring a sense of community, creativity, and convenience. That’s what has made them so special.