The Student News Site of Cypress Creek High School

• A Students Journey of Adaptation and Growth

Coyote Voices

A Student’s Journey of Adaptation and Growth

• The blue hue creates a winter compliment as the CCHS dancers express themselves during the winter showcase at the IPAC.

Conservatory of the Arts

Winter Showcase is “Fire on Fire”

• The glare of the window frames the future for seniors Jacob Valdes, Jhonathan Arias-Aranguibel, David Caine and Lilly Wine as they prepare for their final month on the campus of Cypress Creek High School.

Creek Culture

A Senior’s Achilles Heel

• Standing, thumbs up, and eager to please, freshman Delaney Diehl, freshman McKenzie Deloach, freshman Kaden Fletcher, freshman Noah Rutherford, freshman Isaiah Rivera, and freshman Mia DeVane show their fresh faces and share their fierce opinions. “I would like to see, on our campus, access to culinary arts and woodworking classes,” said DeVane.

Coyote Voices

Freshman and the Future of the Education System

• Students in the Spanish 2 class own their education by coming together as a community to do their assignment.

Creek Culture

Navigating the CCHS Spanish Program Without a Permanent Teacher

• After a long night, the senior players, cheerleaders, and coaches celebrate by hoisting the Powder Puff trophy.

Creek Runs Deep

Powder Puff: The Battle of the Grades

• Senior Gavin Exum rehearsing his visuals as “The Pharoah” for their running competition piece “Immortal.”

Conservatory of the Arts

The Pharoah Rises Again

• The choreographers line up, ready for their press conference.
Left to right: Dance Instructor Zoe Dorony, senior Natalie Moore, senior Faith McCurdy, junior Issay Eyobel, junior Monica Perez, junior Danielle Liberatore, and junior Eugenia Acevedo

Conservatory of the Arts

Behind the Curtain: A Choreographer’s Press Conference

• Carmine the Coyote greeting the families of the students that worked hard to be at Howlabration.

Coyote Voices

Carmine’s Significance

• The calm before the storm at Boddy Manor.  
Left to Right: Mr. Green (Wyatt Washington), Miss Scarlett (Anilem Munoz), Colonel Mustard (David Caine), Professor Plum (Dylan Lauricello), Mrs. Peacock (Arianna Alvarez), Wadsworth (Bryce Coleman), and Mrs. White (Kaylee Hall)

Conservatory of the Arts

Clue! On Stage Photo Gallery

The Other Side of The Coin

A story of love for your country and love for your family.
Image courtesy of the Graphic Dust Store.

When a coin is left unmoved and unseen for so long in the environment, one side gets muddled until its design is unrecognizable. The military is similar to that coin.  

The Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and Air Force, with those who make up their troops, are who protect our nation with the brave men and woman who serve under the flag. The people that defend our nation are part of these branches of the military. For these brave soldiers, their families are their branches, their mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, spouses and children. These families are what make up the Armed Forces. Due to decades of ignorance, the main idea of these people is that they live and breathe battle, only ever working on the field, just like the muddled side of the coin. The families who remain unseen, on the flip side of that coin, are the roots of our troops. 

Staff Sergeant Christan Ramirez has been in the United States military for over 13 years. At the age of 17, he originally joined the USMC (United States Marine Corps).  

While attending a movie, he was introduced to his calling and discovered himself, based on an advertisement that played prior to the feature. As he grew up, he saw tragic events of the country’s history and decided he wanted to be there to assist and protect those who live inside the county.  

“I had always wanted to travel the world, and I wanted to be there to help others. After I saw 9-11 when I was in fifth grade, I knew I wanted to be there on the front lines to assist and save lives”, said Ramirez. 

He added, “Ironically, I saw an advertisement in the cinema when I was around 12 that show cased and presented clips of the Marine Corps and that’s what introduced me to my career path.” 

When he joined, he didn’t think of starting a family, but once he began his family, he realized how demanding the military was. The USMC is more mission oriented than other branches and deployed Staff Sergeant Ramirez over eight times in the course of those 13 years. These deployments ranged from six to nine months or longer. This prevented him from being able to spend time with his wife and daughter. 

When SSG Ramirez was arriving home from his seventh deployment, he was temporarily stationed at an Army base. While there, he and his wife were surprised by the culture shock of the different branches. His wife spoke to other families on the base and discovered the opportunities the Army offered for families, including allowing time off for anniversaries, doctors’ appointments for children, and more. The space and overall quality of family life they saw was provided for the soldiers in the Army inspired Sergeant Ramirez to switch branches from the Marine Corps to the Army. When he was back from that seventh deployment, he was meant to stay on base for four weeks and then go to another deployment, however, due to wanting to switch branches. 

Staff Sergeant Ramirez expressed, “The Marines taught me to be a marine, to be that serious person. But there was a point where I couldn’t turn it off, like a switch that got stuck.”  

He continued, “The Army taught me to turn that off, they showed me how to be both.”