The Student News Site of Cypress Creek High School

• Freshman and the Future of the Education System: Classroom Respect And Structure

Coyote Voices

Freshman and the Future of the Education System: Classroom Respect And Structure

• Reach for the stars. All of the girls lacrosse players lift their stick towards the sky as their routine before every game to break off the huddle. After they dispersed, the starting players went onto the field and played against Berkely Preparatory School.

Creek Runs Deep

The Return Of Women’s Lacrosse

• A Students Journey of Adaptation and Growth

Coyote Voices

A Student’s Journey of Adaptation and Growth

• The blue hue creates a winter compliment as the CCHS dancers express themselves during the winter showcase at the IPAC.

Conservatory of the Arts

Winter Showcase is “Fire on Fire”

• The glare of the window frames the future for seniors Jacob Valdes, Jhonathan Arias-Aranguibel, David Caine and Lilly Wine as they prepare for their final month on the campus of Cypress Creek High School.

Creek Culture

A Senior’s Achilles Heel

• Standing, thumbs up, and eager to please, freshman Delaney Diehl, freshman McKenzie Deloach, freshman Kaden Fletcher, freshman Noah Rutherford, freshman Isaiah Rivera, and freshman Mia DeVane show their fresh faces and share their fierce opinions. “I would like to see, on our campus, access to culinary arts and woodworking classes,” said DeVane.

Coyote Voices

Freshman and the Future of the Education System

• Students in the Spanish 2 class own their education by coming together as a community to do their assignment.

Creek Culture

Navigating the CCHS Spanish Program Without a Permanent Teacher

• After a long night, the senior players, cheerleaders, and coaches celebrate by hoisting the Powder Puff trophy.

Creek Runs Deep

Powder Puff: The Battle of the Grades

• Senior Gavin Exum rehearsing his visuals as “The Pharoah” for their running competition piece “Immortal.”

Conservatory of the Arts

The Pharoah Rises Again

• The choreographers line up, ready for their press conference.
Left to right: Dance Instructor Zoe Dorony, senior Natalie Moore, senior Faith McCurdy, junior Issay Eyobel, junior Monica Perez, junior Danielle Liberatore, and junior Eugenia Acevedo

Conservatory of the Arts

Behind the Curtain: A Choreographer’s Press Conference

Carmine’s Significance

Carmine+the+Coyote+greeting+the+families+of+the+students+that+worked+hard+to+be+at+Howlabration.+%0A%0A+
Carmine the Coyote greeting the families of the students that worked hard to be at Howlabration.

Every school has a mascot that is a specific animal which has a symbolic meaning behind it. That animal for Cypress Creek High School is Carmine the Coyote. Carmine the Coyote brings so much spirit to Cypress Creek High School (CCHS) and the students. When it comes to being a mascot, Carmine brings it to a whole new level.  

“The staff back at Veteran Elementary School during fifth grade let us choose the mascot before Cypress Creek Middle High School was built. The staff knew that Cypress Creek Middle High School (CCMHS) was going to be our school,” said senior Lilly Wine. 

The Coyote symbolizes strength, bravery, and courage. Those three words give us the ability to overcome fear, to hunt our prey and to be the best school in Pasco County. Our sports teams take those words to a whole new level because they are the legs of the Coyote. The heart and soul of the student’s determination created the body of the Coyote.  

Our teacher’s determination to see their students succeed in our classes every year and after high school gives the Coyote its tail. Finally, our staff’s determination to keep students healthy and to keep the students from getting in trouble gives us the head of the Coyote. This is the way the school spirit should last for years to come. The entire CCHS campus is the embodiment of the spirit of the Coyote.

1
View Comments (1)
About the Contributor
Brian Kruder
Brian Kruder, Writer/Photographer
Brian Kruder is a senior at CCHS. He loves to hang out with friends in school and after school. He mostly works a lot. He enjoys journalism because he has new friends and he gets to write stories and do photography. He also helps with the CCHowler.

Comments (1)

All Howler Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• K

Kris KruderMar 15, 2024 at 2:26 pm

Well done Brian!! Mom and Dad are so proud of you!!

Reply