We are excited to announce that there will be an opportunity for reorders of the 2023-24 yearbook.
The Student News Site of Cypress Creek High School

• Photography By Vlad Vainelovich

Lens

Photography By Vlad Vainelovich

• Photography By Mackenzie Luebs

Lens

Photography By Mackenzie Luebs

• Photography By Kaylisa Morales

Lens

Photography By Kaylisa Morales

• Photography By Alijeah Lopez

Lens

Photography By Alijeah Lopez

• Photography By Jamon Kistler

Lens

Photography By Jamon Kistler

• Photography By Chucky Kiskadden

Lens

Photography By Chucky Kiskadden

• Photography By Jailah Garcia-Guillory

Lens

Photography By Jailah Garcia-Guillory

• Photography By Nyah Cannady

Lens

Photography By Nyah Cannady

• Photography By Gavin Gillot

Lens

Photography By Gavin Gillot

• Photography By Kayla Adamson

Lens

Photography By Kayla Adamson

From Green to Gold

Javier Dominguez
Push! The Coyote junior varsity wrestling team at the Weeki Watchee tournament, featuring sophomore Gustavo Herrera bridging his way out of a pin. Herrera went on to win the match with a pin. Herrera said, “He took me down, but you know, I just used what I learned and ended up winning the match.”

Under the bright lights of the Weeki Watchee gymnasium, the Cypress Creek Coyote junior varsity wrestling team took to the mat for their first time. This marked the start of the wrestling season and would set the tone for the next coming months.Cypress Creek started out with freshman Michael Caruso 113-lbs division and freshman Rylan Redfield 113-lbs division. While they wrestled their heart out and showed exceptional skill and technique, they were taken down by fall. The mentality that they had was hopeful and they embraced their first match. “It is disappointing, really, but I have more matches to wrestle so why ponder on a fluke,” said Redfield.

Next on the mat was Kaden “Biggie” Fletcher 113-lbs division and Julian Dominguez 126-lbs division. Fletcher ‘s match was a tough fight and he ended up winning the match with a pin. Dominguez’s matchup went no different, with him going against a seasoned wrestler and winning in the 3rd period by points, changing the atmosphere of the gymnasium and filling it with Coyote pride.

Gavin Shipley 126-lbs division, Gustavo Limas 126-lbs division, and Alexander Guncet 132-lbs division followed up, with victories coming from each one, pushing them higher into the tournament bracket.

As the next round commenced, the Coyote middle-heavyweight wrestlers took the spotlight and showed exemplary skill. Sophomore Gustavo Herrera 132-lbs division pulled through the round and would continue all the way until the end, where he placed second at his first ever meet.

As the night grew dark, the junior varsity wrestlers finished their brackets and conversed with their coach after the tournament. They talked about the day and how each wrestler’s technique can be improved, leaving the gymnasium with heads held high and medals held higher.

Headgear on! The Coyote wrestling team, featuring freshman Michael Caruso, competed at the junior varsity meet at Weeki Watchee hosting the first junior varsity meet of the year. Caruso is preparing for his first match as a coyote wrestler. Caruso said, “I was pretty nervous. It was my first time ever wrestling, but I gave it my all.”
(Javier Dominguez)