The Student News Site of Cypress Creek High School

• A Students Journey of Adaptation and Growth

Coyote Voices

A Student’s Journey of Adaptation and Growth

• The blue hue creates a winter compliment as the CCHS dancers express themselves during the winter showcase at the IPAC.

Conservatory of the Arts

Winter Showcase is “Fire on Fire”

• The glare of the window frames the future for seniors Jacob Valdes, Jhonathan Arias-Aranguibel, David Caine and Lilly Wine as they prepare for their final month on the campus of Cypress Creek High School.

Creek Culture

A Senior’s Achilles Heel

• Standing, thumbs up, and eager to please, freshman Delaney Diehl, freshman McKenzie Deloach, freshman Kaden Fletcher, freshman Noah Rutherford, freshman Isaiah Rivera, and freshman Mia DeVane show their fresh faces and share their fierce opinions. “I would like to see, on our campus, access to culinary arts and woodworking classes,” said DeVane.

Coyote Voices

Freshman and the Future of the Education System

• Students in the Spanish 2 class own their education by coming together as a community to do their assignment.

Creek Culture

Navigating the CCHS Spanish Program Without a Permanent Teacher

• After a long night, the senior players, cheerleaders, and coaches celebrate by hoisting the Powder Puff trophy.

Creek Runs Deep

Powder Puff: The Battle of the Grades

• Senior Gavin Exum rehearsing his visuals as “The Pharoah” for their running competition piece “Immortal.”

Conservatory of the Arts

The Pharoah Rises Again

• The choreographers line up, ready for their press conference.
Left to right: Dance Instructor Zoe Dorony, senior Natalie Moore, senior Faith McCurdy, junior Issay Eyobel, junior Monica Perez, junior Danielle Liberatore, and junior Eugenia Acevedo

Conservatory of the Arts

Behind the Curtain: A Choreographer’s Press Conference

• Carmine the Coyote greeting the families of the students that worked hard to be at Howlabration.

Coyote Voices

Carmine’s Significance

• The calm before the storm at Boddy Manor.  
Left to Right: Mr. Green (Wyatt Washington), Miss Scarlett (Anilem Munoz), Colonel Mustard (David Caine), Professor Plum (Dylan Lauricello), Mrs. Peacock (Arianna Alvarez), Wadsworth (Bryce Coleman), and Mrs. White (Kaylee Hall)

Conservatory of the Arts

Clue! On Stage Photo Gallery

Back to the Past

The+school+marquee+lies+on+the+ground+in+front+of+CCHS+waiting+to+be+hoisted+into+its+permanent+location.+
Courtesy of Principal Hetzler-Nettles
The school marquee lies on the ground in front of CCHS waiting to be hoisted into its permanent location.

Back to the past. The Class of 2024 has been at Cypress Creek High School since it opened in 2017. The wave of emotions that sixth graders  produced, caused a continuous ebb and flow. Some of us felt overzealous while some of us felt that the entire world was foreign –  lost in a sea of change. A new school. New classmates and high schoolers.

“It was a bit crazy, but I feel like it definitely did somehow find a way to work, despite it being middle schoolers and high schoolers,” said senior Mia Thomann.

Similarly, how most freshmen feel when coming on campus nowadays, the Class of 2024 experienced the same feelings of “what do I do?” However, as time flew by, so did our feelings. From small growing sprouts of pre-teens to fully grown herbs of young adults, class emotions morph as graduation slowly approaches. As seniors, we all feel saddened yet relieved, as this is our last year as Coyotes.  

Thomann said, “I’m a bit happy now that I’m a senior because it’s my last year, but at the same time…it’s sad because it’s my last year of school.”

With the satisfied nostalgia that we harbor, we also have thought about what happens after high school, which for some will be college. Many seniors have numerous options after high school, including apprenticeships, gap years, college, or even just going straight to the work force. All of these are viable options for a new beginning. However, many seniors have voiced that they have no clue what to do after high school. With so many options to choose, with multiple paths to take, it is understandable to get lost on the trails.  

With this all being said, College and Career Specialist Cassie Adley advises, “Find what makes you happy. Because at the end of the day, if that’s what you’re going to be doing the rest of your life, try and find what makes you smile.”

In life, it is best to do something you love rather than doing something you hate. No matter what choice you make, you should be content with your choice. With many Coyotes passing through this Creek with many variations of who we are, we all just have to take one step at a time.