The Student News Site of Cypress Creek High School

• A Students Journey of Adaptation and Growth

Coyote Voices

A Student’s Journey of Adaptation and Growth

• The blue hue creates a winter compliment as the CCHS dancers express themselves during the winter showcase at the IPAC.

Conservatory of the Arts

Winter Showcase is “Fire on Fire”

• The glare of the window frames the future for seniors Jacob Valdes, Jhonathan Arias-Aranguibel, David Caine and Lilly Wine as they prepare for their final month on the campus of Cypress Creek High School.

Creek Culture

A Senior’s Achilles Heel

• Standing, thumbs up, and eager to please, freshman Delaney Diehl, freshman McKenzie Deloach, freshman Kaden Fletcher, freshman Noah Rutherford, freshman Isaiah Rivera, and freshman Mia DeVane show their fresh faces and share their fierce opinions. “I would like to see, on our campus, access to culinary arts and woodworking classes,” said DeVane.

Coyote Voices

Freshman and the Future of the Education System

• Students in the Spanish 2 class own their education by coming together as a community to do their assignment.

Creek Culture

Navigating the CCHS Spanish Program Without a Permanent Teacher

• After a long night, the senior players, cheerleaders, and coaches celebrate by hoisting the Powder Puff trophy.

Creek Runs Deep

Powder Puff: The Battle of the Grades

• Senior Gavin Exum rehearsing his visuals as “The Pharoah” for their running competition piece “Immortal.”

Conservatory of the Arts

The Pharoah Rises Again

• The choreographers line up, ready for their press conference.
Left to right: Dance Instructor Zoe Dorony, senior Natalie Moore, senior Faith McCurdy, junior Issay Eyobel, junior Monica Perez, junior Danielle Liberatore, and junior Eugenia Acevedo

Conservatory of the Arts

Behind the Curtain: A Choreographer’s Press Conference

• Carmine the Coyote greeting the families of the students that worked hard to be at Howlabration.

Coyote Voices

Carmine’s Significance

• The calm before the storm at Boddy Manor.  
Left to Right: Mr. Green (Wyatt Washington), Miss Scarlett (Anilem Munoz), Colonel Mustard (David Caine), Professor Plum (Dylan Lauricello), Mrs. Peacock (Arianna Alvarez), Wadsworth (Bryce Coleman), and Mrs. White (Kaylee Hall)

Conservatory of the Arts

Clue! On Stage Photo Gallery

The Young vs. The Old

Skylar Manatt and Dylan Powell, these two young men are the top two runners on the Cypress Creek High School Boy’s

” Finishing strong”. (Mia Webb)

Team. While Skylar may be a freshman, and Dylan is a senior, both boys have lowered their 5k race times’ to be under 16 minutes and placed within the top 50 in states. Every meet, both Skylar and Dylan are always close in times during cross country meets. But their history with each other is not the biggest between each other even though they somewhat knew each other. 

We spoke with Skylar and Dylan about their experiences on the cross-country team and what it is like to run against each other. Dylan said, “I knew coming in that he was going to be faster and right with me and we get to train together and stuff and it really pushes both of us to be better.” While Skylar said that it is good to have someone there to push him because while in middle school there was nobody there to push him. While on the topic of their feelings for each other we asked them if they considered each other as rivals and Dylan said, “Nobody wants to lose to someone else but one of us have to lose so we went back and forth all year.” While Skylar said that he would not consider Dylan as a rival but more as a motivator, he explains “Like when I slow down Dylan would increase the speed and vis versa…. we take turns taking each set and each rep, which we also do in races.” Since they practice with each other and are competitive during race we asked Dylan how he feels when and if Skylar passes him, Dylan said that there was not really a spot where Skylar passed him until closer to the end of the season where Skylar began running faster than Dylan, and Dylan knew that he could not catch back up with Skylar. We also asked Skylar how he felt when he lost to Dylan, and he said, “it motivates me… because I want to be faster.”  

Both Skylar Manatt and Dylan Powell are two young men on the CCHS Cross Country team who have both lowered their personal best times to be under 16 minutes. Both Skylar and Dylan are competitive with each other trying to push each other to be better during practices, meets and workouts. Despite Skylar being a freshman and Dylan being a senior, Skylar as the season progressed was able to keep up and pass Dylan and finish his season with a time of 15:35 compared to Dylan’s time of 15:54. In the end, the young Skylar Manatt beat the old Dylan Powell. 

“Racing to the finish line”. (Mia Webb)