The Student News Site of Cypress Creek High School

• A Students Journey of Adaptation and Growth

Coyote Voices

A Student’s Journey of Adaptation and Growth

• The blue hue creates a winter compliment as the CCHS dancers express themselves during the winter showcase at the IPAC.

Conservatory of the Arts

Winter Showcase is “Fire on Fire”

• The glare of the window frames the future for seniors Jacob Valdes, Jhonathan Arias-Aranguibel, David Caine and Lilly Wine as they prepare for their final month on the campus of Cypress Creek High School.

Creek Culture

A Senior’s Achilles Heel

• Standing, thumbs up, and eager to please, freshman Delaney Diehl, freshman McKenzie Deloach, freshman Kaden Fletcher, freshman Noah Rutherford, freshman Isaiah Rivera, and freshman Mia DeVane show their fresh faces and share their fierce opinions. “I would like to see, on our campus, access to culinary arts and woodworking classes,” said DeVane.

Coyote Voices

Freshman and the Future of the Education System

• Students in the Spanish 2 class own their education by coming together as a community to do their assignment.

Creek Culture

Navigating the CCHS Spanish Program Without a Permanent Teacher

• After a long night, the senior players, cheerleaders, and coaches celebrate by hoisting the Powder Puff trophy.

Creek Runs Deep

Powder Puff: The Battle of the Grades

• Senior Gavin Exum rehearsing his visuals as “The Pharoah” for their running competition piece “Immortal.”

Conservatory of the Arts

The Pharoah Rises Again

• The choreographers line up, ready for their press conference.
Left to right: Dance Instructor Zoe Dorony, senior Natalie Moore, senior Faith McCurdy, junior Issay Eyobel, junior Monica Perez, junior Danielle Liberatore, and junior Eugenia Acevedo

Conservatory of the Arts

Behind the Curtain: A Choreographer’s Press Conference

• Carmine the Coyote greeting the families of the students that worked hard to be at Howlabration.

Coyote Voices

Carmine’s Significance

• The calm before the storm at Boddy Manor.  
Left to Right: Mr. Green (Wyatt Washington), Miss Scarlett (Anilem Munoz), Colonel Mustard (David Caine), Professor Plum (Dylan Lauricello), Mrs. Peacock (Arianna Alvarez), Wadsworth (Bryce Coleman), and Mrs. White (Kaylee Hall)

Conservatory of the Arts

Clue! On Stage Photo Gallery

Freshmen Breaking School Records

Breaking a school record as a freshman is something I am proud of. I have been lifting since I was four years old, and I have put in the time and work to break records. Showing up to weekly practices and putting in the effort has really helped with advancing in the weights I am lifting. One important thing with weightlifting is having the right mindset. If you do not have the right mindset, you will go nowhere. One thing that has helped me to have a good mindset while lifting is listening to music. When I am listening to music everything that is bothering me or getting in my head goes away. When I listen to music it helps me have a blank mind, something I need when lifting. 

Having a blank mind helps me because the environment gets to me so much, I pay attention to what everyone else is lifting and I fail my lifts. But when I put in my air pods, everything goes away. It’s me and the bar, so I listen to music right before lifting, and I get the weight up.  

One person that has helped me is Jessica Kreizmen, a coach at CrossFit Big Guava. She has helped me get to where I am today, training me a couple times a week to make sure my form is correct. After we worked on my form, we started building with weights. Improving my form was a challenge, as it is so specific. Even the smallest things can make the biggest difference. I would not be as good as I am without her.  

Lifting has not always been easy. A challenge I had to overcome was hurting my back three years ago. To help with my back injury, I stretched every day. I stretch before and after lifting so I won’t injure myself again. Although lifting has come with its challenges, there are still many parts about it that I enjoy. My favorite part of lifting is the environment, as it makes weightlifting fun. Lifting by yourself is boring, so lifting with others makes the experience better. Lifting with your friends and the people you meet helps you a lot with weightlifting because you have people cheering you on and encouraging you to lift weights.  

The message I want to send to people who want to get into lifting is to not get discouraged. Do not get discouraged when you see other people lifting heavier weights than you. You will get to that level when you practice and learn how to perform those lifts. Because I kept going, I have broken records, and never gave up. It took time and effort to perform the lifts. When I show up to practice every day, I give it my best so I can lift heavier and break more records. Giving it your all every day helps you get better at lifting weights and getting a personal best or breaking records.  

Lifting is a big part of my life, so I want to keep pursuing it. I want to lift all throughout high school and in college if I get the opportunity to. Lifting has been with me all my life and I do not want to get rid of it. 

The Cypress Creek gymnasium was rattling with excitement. Cypress Creek Weightlifter, freshman, Sarah MacMullan, attempts a snatch at 120 pounds. “I felt confident in lifting this weight because I have performed it before.” MacMullan finishes first in her weight class winning districts. (Cristina Carulli)