The Student News Site of Cypress Creek High School

• Freshman and the Future of the Education System: Classroom Respect And Structure

Coyote Voices

Freshman and the Future of the Education System: Classroom Respect And Structure

• Reach for the stars. All of the girls lacrosse players lift their stick towards the sky as their routine before every game to break off the huddle. After they dispersed, the starting players went onto the field and played against Berkely Preparatory School.

Creek Runs Deep

The Return Of Women’s Lacrosse

• A Students Journey of Adaptation and Growth

Coyote Voices

A Student’s Journey of Adaptation and Growth

• The blue hue creates a winter compliment as the CCHS dancers express themselves during the winter showcase at the IPAC.

Conservatory of the Arts

Winter Showcase is “Fire on Fire”

• The glare of the window frames the future for seniors Jacob Valdes, Jhonathan Arias-Aranguibel, David Caine and Lilly Wine as they prepare for their final month on the campus of Cypress Creek High School.

Creek Culture

A Senior’s Achilles Heel

• Standing, thumbs up, and eager to please, freshman Delaney Diehl, freshman McKenzie Deloach, freshman Kaden Fletcher, freshman Noah Rutherford, freshman Isaiah Rivera, and freshman Mia DeVane show their fresh faces and share their fierce opinions. “I would like to see, on our campus, access to culinary arts and woodworking classes,” said DeVane.

Coyote Voices

Freshman and the Future of the Education System

• Students in the Spanish 2 class own their education by coming together as a community to do their assignment.

Creek Culture

Navigating the CCHS Spanish Program Without a Permanent Teacher

• After a long night, the senior players, cheerleaders, and coaches celebrate by hoisting the Powder Puff trophy.

Creek Runs Deep

Powder Puff: The Battle of the Grades

• Senior Gavin Exum rehearsing his visuals as “The Pharoah” for their running competition piece “Immortal.”

Conservatory of the Arts

The Pharoah Rises Again

• The choreographers line up, ready for their press conference.
Left to right: Dance Instructor Zoe Dorony, senior Natalie Moore, senior Faith McCurdy, junior Issay Eyobel, junior Monica Perez, junior Danielle Liberatore, and junior Eugenia Acevedo

Conservatory of the Arts

Behind the Curtain: A Choreographer’s Press Conference

A Senior’s Achilles Heel

The+glare+of+the+window+frames+the+future+for+seniors+Jacob+Valdes%2C+Jhonathan+Arias-Aranguibel%2C+David+Caine+and+Lilly+Wine+as+they+prepare+for+their+final+month+on+the+campus+of+Cypress+Creek+High+School.+
Freshman – Lily Nguyen
The glare of the window frames the future for seniors Jacob Valdes, Jhonathan Arias-Aranguibel, David Caine and Lilly Wine as they prepare for their final month on the campus of Cypress Creek High School.

The end of the senior’s school year is approaching. We as seniors prepare as best we can. First it starts off exciting, but there is a point in time where seniors are tired and exhausted. This kind of behavior leads us to burnout. But what is burnout? 

Burnout begins with school and academics. Everything can seem overwhelming, and it can feel like the world is on your shoulders. It may even feel like you can no longer cope with the emotion that you feel. Burnout brings a variety of feelings and emotions. For example, you might feel tired, or anxious and you feel like you cannot focus on anything. Everyone has experienced the typical high school senioritis. 

Many of us admit that it is a real thing or (itis) in our society. Although it may be a short term (itis) and only last for a season of our lives, we have yet to figure out how to cure it. How do we cure senioritis? As seniors, we try our hardest when it comes to motivating ourselves. We soon realize that we are going to have to motivate ourselves in life as it brings all the itises. This begins with senior-itis. We get older and make our way to college-itis, after we finish college now, we suddenly have work-itis etc. The list could go on and on, so how are we going to the out of the funk? We as seniors must constantly maintain our motivation. Making sure we motivate one another, staying on top of our assignments, even trying to unwind certain days of the week, even the weekend. 

Another good strategy to cure the itis said by ThoughtsCo.Com was, “It can be easy to forget how fortunate you are.” All these strategies are healthy and effective ways to cure senioritis. With a good assignment pace and taking care of your mental health by giving yourself unwind-times, you will make it! 

Your family will see you walk across the stage!